My work experience, together with my volunteer experience, make me uniquely qualified to serve on the Pinole City Council.
- As a land use planner for a local jurisdiction for over 25 years, I deal with issues very relevant to those facing the City of Pinole, including:
- Infrastructure (streets, bike lanes, trails, bridges, sidewalks, storm drains…) development, maintenance and finance
- Commercial and housing development, including transit oriented development and smart growth;
- Climate Change issues;
- Emergency Operation Center, including natural disaster preparation, resiliency planning and disaster recovery issues;
- Regional planning, and
- Land use law.
All of my work experience is very relevant for serving on the City Council.
My volunteer experience includes:
- Pinole Planning Commission for almost 18 years;
- Citizens Bond Oversight Board for six (not all consecutive) years;
- Pinole Seals (20 years);
- Pinole Hercules Little League (Challenger Division Player Agent 10 years);
- Special Olympics – 20 years (10 years as a coach);
- Local Pinole Schools, including communications coordinator, site council, and reconstruction committees.
All of my volunteer experience is very relevant to serving on the City Council.